title="Holywell-cum-Needingworth Parish Council in Cambridgeshire">

Parish Councils are the lowest tier of government in England. The next tier is District Councils and then County Councils.

The Parish Council comprises of 13 voluntary Councillors who serve for a term of 4 years and represent an electorate of 2023. The Council employs 5 part-time members of staff:-

  • Miss Jane Bowd - Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
  • Mrs Helen-Sirot Smith – Assistant Parish Clerk
  • Mr Ricky Storr – Groundsman/Village Handyman
  • Mr Ian Armstrong - Groundsman.
  • Mrs Lorraine Pearce - Cleaner for Millfields Pavilion
  • The Council have appointed Steve Wilson as Independent Internal Auditor. Moore Stephens is the External Auditor.

The Council meets on the first Tuesday of each month except August. Agendas are displayed on noticeboards around the village and on the website. The public are welcome to attend these meetings and speak during the 10 minute public forum. Some of the business is delegated to the following committees-

  • Leisure Facilities Committee,
  • Environment Committee,
  • Consultation Documents Committee,
  • Human Resources Committee,
  • Audit Committee, and
  • Planning and Finance Committee.

The Parish Council has representatives on other bodies outside the Parish Council. and Councillors attend meetings on the Council’s behalf. These are: -

  • Quarry Liaison Committee;
  • St Ives Neighbourhood Forum;
  • Village Hall Trust;
  • Relief in Need Charity;
  • Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Association of Local Councils;
  • St Ives Road Safety Committee; and
  • Bluntisham Internal Drainage Board.

The council is responsible for the following:-

  • Millfields Recreation Ground,
  • Overcote Lane playing fields, including the play area,
  • Cemetery,
  • Closed churchyard at St John the Baptist Church, Holywell.
  • Garden plots,
  • Common land,
  • Streetlights with PC on the column. (Phone 0800 253529 to report lights not working),
  • Bus Shelter,
  • Seats,
  • Some litter bins,
  • Maintaining the rights of way.

The village hall is run by a management trust and they should be contacted for matters relating to the hall. Tel: 01480 468759.

The Parish Council is not responsible for highways matters. These come under the Cambridgeshire County Council.